I didn't have much time to paint this week--we were busy at work and busy at home, too, for that matter. But here's the progress I made this week.
"Whydah" is nearly done--I need to fix her hair and do a smidge of touch-up work, but this is pretty much what you'll see when she's done:
"Plague" is starting to make me kookoo. There's a ton of detail work to do in the background and I HATE that type of stuff. YAWN. But I know how I want it to look, so I'm sticking to it. The fireplace mantel is supposed to be a red marble, but I think it's too similar to the color of the couch and weighs down that side of the painting. Hmmmm. I will ponder this.
And in garden news, my daffodils are about to bust wide open and there's crocuses and cute little dwarf irises blooming. I'll post some pics. My tulips are being awfully shy--it'll be weeks before they're ready to bloom.